Saturday, September 1, 2012

I Feel the Love Project- September 2012

I FEEL THE LOVE PROJECT


I Feel the Love Project September 2012




Mission statement taken from the Casa Pacifica webite: "We meet kids and families at the most challenging times of their lives and help them overcome some of life’s most difficult circumstances – abuse and neglect, complex emotional and behavioral issues, and family crises. We restore hope, help children find joy in daily living, and improve families’ chances at making a better life for themselves and at finding a place in their community where they can be successful. Casa Pacifica is committed to children unconditionally over time and through all of life’s ups and downs.



Headquartered on a rural 24-acre campus five miles from the Pacific Ocean, Casa Pacifica serves abused and neglected children and adolescents, and those with severe emotional, social, behavioral, and mental health challenges. Our primary service area is California’s Central Coast, but referrals come from all over. We provide a comprehensive array of state of the art services to meet the varied and complex needs of children, youth and emerging adults in our care..."




It was learned that there are currently around 200 kids who attend school at Casa Pacifica and approximately 70 kids who live at the facility.  




The I Feel the Love Project will be making Halloween Cards during the month of September (handed out during the month of October) to be given to the kids who live at Casa Pacifica. Each year the facility has an amazing Halloween party for the kids. It is our goal to send a card to at least each child who lives there to help celebrate this occasion.  We will need to make at least 70 cards.  I know we can do this!!  These kids deserve our love and support!  (Please keep cards fun and cheery, nothing scary or evil).

All you need to do is:

 Submit your card/s by September 30 to:
Madison Womack
(IFTL) Funky Cards
P.O. Box 1203
Atascadero, CA  93423
                                Project #14


 Please share your project with everyone by linking it to my blog before you put it in the mail.  Click HERE to find the photo gallery.


~Madison

6 comments:

  1. I am putting on my Bloggie thinking cap...LOL!
    You are Amazing!!We will make thise 70 cards..maybe more..
    Have a lovely day!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at Casa Pacifica for 5 years as HR! I am still close to a lot of the staff! I live in Camarillo! I am soo excited about this project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madison, just wondering do you want these cards signed by me or left blank for other people to sign. I have made 5 cards for the children and will be taking pictures of them today, hopefully and they will go in the mail tomorrow. Thanks again! Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get started on these fabulous cards! Thanks for the opportunity to do this kind act of service:) loves madge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating! It feels great to help others!!
      ~Madison

      Delete
  5. Thank you Madison!! I am so happy my card isn't to scary!!! I am going to try and make another over the weekend.. so happy to link up today! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete