Friday, February 1, 2013

I Feel the Love Project- February 2013


21 year old student Alana experienced a devastating loss as the result of Hurricane Sandy when it came to shore in October of 2012.  

She lost her original home, as well as most all of her family home belongings due to this horrific storm.  These included her clothes, her bed, and the home furnishings. 

When Alana returned from school she did not have a home to come back to.  She was able to stay briefly with an aunt before living in a hotel for a month.  The family was finally able to relocate to another home.

When Alana was asked how this storm impacted her she said that she was "scared for my family and for my house."  Alana was forced to stay away for a couple of weeks and she said it made her "homesick."  When Alana was able to go into the area for the first time and see that her family home had been knocked down she said, "I was in shock of what I saw.  It is something I will never forget as long as I live."

I can't imagine losing everything all at once.  That would be very difficult.  We can support Alana and her family.  Words of comfort can go a long way.  With all of the difficulties she has recently experienced, we would like to honor her as the I Feel the Love Project February 2013 recipient.



We recently had a fundraiser to raise money for the I Feel the Love Project.  So in addition to sending hand crafted greeting cards, the I Feel the Love Project will also be sending a gift card to Alana so she can buy some clothes or something for her new home.  There is no obligation or need for anyone else to do this.  It is just something we felt called to do.  

If you would like to be a part of this project...



All you need to do is:

Submit your hand crafted card/s by February 28th to:

Madison Womack
IFTL Project
P.O. Box 1203
Atascadero, CA 93423

Project #18




Please share your project with everyone by linking it to the I Feel the Love Project photo gallery before you put it in the mail. Click HERE to find the photo gallery.

Thank you all in advance.  This could never work with out you and all your continued support.  Spread the word!

The I Feel the Love Project is now on Twitter. Follow us at:

@IFTLProject
~Madison

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending lots of love and prayers to Alana and her family... it will be an honor to create for her this month. Thank you for the opportunity as always, Madison! I'm excited for her to receive our crafty love and the gift card. :o) Blessings will abound!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers to Alana and her family. I hope the gift card really helps. Another card coming from England ASAP x

    ReplyDelete