Monday, June 4, 2012

I Feel the Love Project - Jill Pentoney

I FEEL THE LOVE PROJECT


I Feel the Love Project

One Year Anniversary


Today we begin our journey back to the beginning.  This month we will be taking a look back at those we honored during our first year.  Those whose stories inspired us.  These are the people who we grew to love and they are the reason that the "I Feel the Love Project" has grown and why it will continue to grow.  For every story you will read here, there are hundreds yet to be told.  Please join me in looking back and in moving forward with this project.  I could not do this without you.  Thank you for all your continued support.

"The I Feel the Love Project" began with a card drive for my English teacher, Jill Pentoney. Ms. Pentoney was diagnosed with fallopian tube cancer in December of 2008.  After a short remission, the cancer returned in 2010.  The purpose of the card drive was to spread joy and love to Ms. Pentoney, one card at a time. 

Ms. Pentoney had a fighting spirit, but in the end, the cancer proved to much for her.  On September 10, 2011, Ms. Pentoney decided to stop treatment and on September 30, 2011 Ms. Pentoney lost her battle with cancer.

The news of Ms. Pentoney's death was very difficult for me.  It was the first time I lost someone I knew.  It did teach me that life is indeed precious and that if I can make a difference in someone's life, I will.  So, the I Feel the Love Project continues today stronger than ever in loving tribute to Ms Pentoney.  Every card makes a difference.

Join me Friday as we look back at our second recipient, Marley Moore. 

Have  wonderful day.
~Madison 

2 comments:

  1. My dear Madison, as I have said countless times, your heart and spirit are something to behold. You indeed make such a difference in so many people lives. I am truly honored to be a small part of your project. I firmly believe a permanent connection is made not only through prayer, but also by gifts such as these. Every card you make leaves a permanent impression of love on their hearts and in their lives. :o) Ms. Pentoney is surely smiling down upon you right now. :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to recognize your one year... thank you for making a blog that really does make a difference and letting us be a part of it!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete